The Football Pink is a collection of writers and bloggers who bring their opinions, musings, observations and stories from all over the world to fans of ‘The Beautiful Game’.
Issue 9 is here, hot on the heels of the successful Italia ’90 25th anniversary edition.
So what can you expect to find inside this edition?
* Is it time we laid off Milton Keynes Dons?
* 1985 – English football’s ‘Year Zero’?
* Erno Erbstein’s pre-Il Grande Torino success
* Valeri Lobanovskiy’s last stand
* Profile of the fist happy official who once dismissed Pele
* Football’s Victorian class struggles
* African migration and Istanbul’s Cup of Nations
* Going behind the scenes of small time football at Hitchin
* Deconstructing the game’s macho culture and mental illness
* The East Germans stepping out from the lengthy shadows of the past
* The game that changed Italian football forever
* Being blinded by faith and numbers. Hope beyond hope for your club.
* Does the Labour party’s alienated present hint at the Premier League’s future?
* Sexy football, Finnish style.
* The lack of goalkeepers in management
* Horticulture and heroines – lost stories of the Spartans
* The sky’s the limit – the advantage of altitude
* Burnley’s own Soviet-style dictator
* None for all, and all for none – ditching TV replays
So, what are you waiting for? Get Issue 9 now!